Scion has made a sedan and I am so, so, SO happy. I currently have a Scion xD, and I love it, but I’ve always felt that Scion is not a complete brand without a sedan. So there we go. Problem solved.
Scion iA FAQ:
- What is the Scion iA? It’s a four-door sedan. A small one. It’s Mazda-esque with its sleek exterior styling, but still definitely a Scion.
- Is the engine impressive? Negative. It’ll probably be a flyweight with a peppy four-banger. There’ll be enough pickup to get you to the taqueria in a hurry, but don’t expect enough muscle to climb a steep hill without whining. It’ll get excellent gas mileage, though – 42 MPG (expected, highway) – and that’s a little impressive.
- Is it secretly luxurious? No. And that’s a good thing, because now we won’t see any advertising based around the interior. Interiors make the worst advertising.
- Can I paint it crazy colors or advertise my small, local business all over it? Fuck yeah, you can.
- Will this car sell better than outgoing Scion models? Yes. Because Scion is part of Toyota, and Toyota learns from mistakes.
- Who’s excited about a sedan? This guy’s excited about a sedan. Me. I am. So stoked. Seriously.